Another long one…sorry.
So I’m a list maker. Every summer I make a list of goals for the start of the school year. Some short term, some long term. I always re-evaluate in the new year and usually by the next summer there’s about 50% checked off. But many items get carried over year to year. I’m a work in progress. 😃
When I returned to Shanghai in the fall, I gave myself a goal to lose 50 pounds by June. I had lost 20 pounds before Christmas but have proudly put back on 6 of those pounds after a decadently gorgeous Christmas break. But it’s not just about the weight that has crept slowly on, but I haven’t felt completely in sync for some time….succeeding in some areas but never really feeling purposeful or that I had a place in Shanghai for Michelle Smith-Antle. Not Julia and Georgia’s mom or Glenn’s wife. This really is the journey to my best self.
In the Fall, I did make some really positives changes to my health but didn’t follow through on some goals and never really had a solid plan for success. Well now I have a solid plan and I’m going to chronicle it here. I figure it will help keep me accountable.
I will feature companies/products and teachers that I use and love. I’m starting a 28 day Body Awakening cleanse on Thursday as the kick off. I really love their products and did their shorter 5 day cleanse last fall and use their supplements daily. Check them out at http://www.body-awakening.net. I’ll be finished just in time for my 41st birthday. Perfect time to start a cleanse AND finish one. I’m also going to try some new services like TCM and acupuncture. I’ve been wanting to since I moved here. I’m looking forward to sharing my experiences with you.
Here is my list for January 2017!
– Every weekday morning before waking up the girls, mediate and do sun salutations
– Complete 28 day Body Awakening cleanse starting January 12
– Add turmeric paste to my daily supplements
– Exercise 6 days a week (Combo of swimming, yoga, Pilates, Zumba)
– Write a gratitude journal
– Complete fitness test and body evaluation at Origym! So scared but I have to do it. I have NEVER done one of these….ever.
– TCM and acupuncture
– Take better care of my skin
– Improve my posture
– Complete full medical
– After 28 day cleanse, drink more fun cocktails! Gotta stop my love affair with beer. 😜😜
That’s it. Thanks for being part of my process. I’m keeping it real here, folks.
Only joy, only love,